On 12 December Boris Johnson made an address to the nation about booster jabs.
Key points from Boris Johnson’s booster jabs address
- Today we are launching the Omicron Emergency Boost
- Everyone eligible aged 18 and over in England will have the chance to get their booster before the New Year
- …we’ll need to match the NHS’s best vaccination day yet – and then beat it day after day
- …some other appointments will need to be postponed until the New Year
- From tomorrow, work from home if you can
- …from Wednesday, subject to a vote in parliament, you’ll need to show a negative lateral flow test to get into nightclubs and some large events if you’re not double vaccinated
- These measures will help slow the spread of Omicron
- Get Boosted Now to protect our NHS, our freedoms and our way of life
Watch Boris Johnson’s booster jabs address with BSL interpretation
View a transcript of Boris Johnson’s booster jabs address
This page uses content available under the Open Government Licence v3.0.